Who is eligible to join?
Any Employee, Faculty Member, Student, or Officer of Adminstration of:
- Vanderbilt University
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Psychiatric Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Shared Hospital Corporation
- Vanderbilt Home Health Care Group
- Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital
- University Club ofNashville
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Clinical Staffing Resource Center
- Vanderbilt Temporary Services
- Vanderbilt University Credit Union
- Nashville Lion's Eye Bank
- Nashville Ronald McDonald House
- Retired from Vanderbilt University
- Vanderbilt postdoctoral fellows who are supported by funds which do not allow them to be considered employees
- Members ofthe immediate family of such persons; and associations or organizations composed of the same general membership
How much does it cost to become a member of the VUCU?
There is a one-time membership fee of twenty-five cents ($0.25). In addition, you must maintain a balance in your share account of twenty-five dollars ($25.00).
What documents do I need to bring to the VUCU office to open my account?
How can I join the VUCU by mail?
Yes, you can join the by mailing the following documents to us:
Can other family members join the VUCU?
Yes, any member of your immediate family can be a member.
Who owns the VUCU?
The members own the VUCU, with each member having one vote.
How can I have a voice in the VUCU?
Each member has one vote, and by state law, the VUCU is required to have a membership meeting once a year. At the membership meeting, the membership elects the directors to run the VUCU.
Protect Your Personal Identity
No one from the Vanderbilt University Credit Union or any of its associations will ever solicit by phone or email any of your personal identity or account information. If you receive such a phone call or email, please hang up or delete the email and notify us. Giving out such information could lead to identity theft.
Join the VUCU E-mail List
Get VUCU News , learn about special promotions and more. The e-mail distribution list is managed by the
VUCU. Your name will not be placed on
any other email list.
To join our email list,
click here to subscribe.
Vanderbilt University Credit Union is a not-for-profit cooperative organization established in 1959 to promote saving, provide financial services and serve as a source of credit at a reasonable rate of interest.
The Vanderbilt University Credit Union is member-owned, member-operated and democratically governed.
Credit Union membership is open to all full-time and regular part-time Vanderbilt University employees; family members and all employees of Vanderbilt affiliated organizations.
Credit Union Bill Of Rights
- Courteous and confidential service
- Competitive loan and savings rates
- Timely loan approvals
- Timely and fair problem resolution
- Truthful advertising and disclosure
- Accurate consumer information
- Voting rights
- Qualified, elected board oversight
- Professional management
- Responsive staff and volunteers